I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Apronax? Is Apronax safe for nursing mother and child? Does Apronax extracts into breast milk? Does Apronax has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Apronax influence milk supply or can Apronax decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Apronax is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Apronax may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Apronax may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Apronax low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Apronax We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Low excreted into breast milk. However, somnolence in 10% of breastfed infants has been reported. A case of acute anemia due to hemorrhage by coagulation disturbance in an one.week aged infant. A competitive effect on liver metabolism has been shown. Long-term use while breastfeeding or in case of newborn jaundice is not recommended. Short-term or sporadic use has a low risk. The American Academy of Pediatrics rates it usually compatible with breastfeeding.
Limited information indicates that levels of Apronax in breastmilk are low and adverse effects in breastfed infants are apparently uncommon. However, because of Apronax's long half-life and reported serious adverse reaction in a breastfed neonate, other agents may be preferred while nursing a newborn or preterm infant.
Apronax possibly caused prolonged bleeding time, thrombocytopenia and acute anemia in one 7-day-old infant in a mother also taking bacampicillin.In one telephone follow-up study of 20 infants exposed to Apronax during breastfeeding, 2 mothers reported drowsiness and 1 reported vomiting in their infants. None of the reactions required medical attention.
A randomized study compared Apronax and tramadol for post-cesarean section pain. Patients received the drugs either on a fixed schedule or as needed. No difference in breastfeeding rates were seen among the groups.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.