I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Fenoprofen? Is Fenoprofen safe for nursing mother and child? Does Fenoprofen extracts into breast milk? Does Fenoprofen has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Fenoprofen influence milk supply or can Fenoprofen decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Fenoprofen is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Fenoprofen is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Fenoprofen does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Fenoprofen safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
We are working on a comment for this product.
Some reviewers consider fenoprofen to be acceptable during breastfeeding. Because there is little published experience with fenoprofen during breastfeeding, other agents may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.