I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Flurbiprofen? Is Flurbiprofen safe for nursing mother and child? Does Flurbiprofen extracts into breast milk? Does Flurbiprofen has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Flurbiprofen influence milk supply or can Flurbiprofen decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Flurbiprofen is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Flurbiprofen is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Flurbiprofen does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Flurbiprofen safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Non-steroidal analgesic drug with a similar chemical structure as Ibuprofen. It is excreted into breast milk in non detectable or clinically non-significant amount.
Because of the low levels of flurbiprofen in breastmilk and its short half-life it is unlikely to adversely affect the breastfed infant, especially if the infant is older than 2 months. Maternal use of flurbiprofen eye drops would not be expected to cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants. To substantially diminish the amount of drug that reaches the breastmilk after using eye drops, place pressure over the tear duct by the corner of the eye for 1 minute or more, then remove the excess solution with an absorbent tissue.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.