I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Paromomycin? Is Paromomycin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Paromomycin extracts into breast milk? Does Paromomycin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Paromomycin influence milk supply or can Paromomycin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Paromomycin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Paromomycin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Paromomycin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Paromomycin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It is active against protozoal and tenia parasites.Aminoglycosides are poorly absorbed by the intestine. Large doses may affect intestinal flora. Be aware of the possibility of false negative results of bacterial cultures when the mother is on antibiotics.
No information is available on the clinical use of paromomycin during breastfeeding. Because paromomycin is poorly absorbed orally, it is not likely to reach the bloodstream of the infant or cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.