I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Trimethobenzamide? Is Trimethobenzamide safe for nursing mother and child? Does Trimethobenzamide extracts into breast milk? Does Trimethobenzamide has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Trimethobenzamide influence milk supply or can Trimethobenzamide decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Trimethobenzamide is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Trimethobenzamide may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Trimethobenzamide may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Trimethobenzamide .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Trimethobenzamide Vs not using Trimethobenzamide And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Trimethobenzamide Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Not commercially available in Spain
Because no information is available on the continuous use of trimethobenzamide during breastfeeding, an alternate drug may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant. Occasional, short-term use of trimethobenzamide for the treatment of nausea and vomiting appears to be acceptable.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.