I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Dihydroxyacetone? Is Dihydroxyacetone safe for nursing mother and child? Does Dihydroxyacetone extracts into breast milk? Does Dihydroxyacetone has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Dihydroxyacetone influence milk supply or can Dihydroxyacetone decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Dihydroxyacetone is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Dihydroxyacetone may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Dihydroxyacetone may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Dihydroxyacetone low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Dihydroxyacetone We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Simple monosaccharide. It is a keto-trisaccharide obtain by anaerobic degradation of glucose. When applied to skin it reacts with keratin resulting in a darker skin. It is used for treatment of vitiligo and cosmetically to get tan brown without sun exposure. Avoid applying it on the nipple and areola.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.