I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Kojic Acid? Is Kojic Acid safe for nursing mother and child? Does Kojic Acid extracts into breast milk? Does Kojic Acid has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Kojic Acid influence milk supply or can Kojic Acid decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Kojic Acid is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Kojic Acid may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Kojic Acid may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Kojic Acid low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Kojic Acid We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Produced through the fermentation of rice by fungus (e.g. Aspergillus, Penicillium, Acetobacter). Properties: antimicrobial activity, chelation of cupper with inhibition of Tyrosinase activity and lowering levels of Melanin. May have toxic effects (e.g. seizures, cancerogenic) when administered by mouth. Avoid using it over the breast or instead rinse the area thouroghly before nursing.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.