I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Calaguala? Is Calaguala safe for nursing mother and child? Does Calaguala extracts into breast milk? Does Calaguala has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Calaguala influence milk supply or can Calaguala decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Calaguala is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Calaguala is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Calaguala does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Calaguala safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Extracts obtained from rhizomes of ferns, which are called fernblock or “anapses”, contain calagualin and polypodin, and have been traditionally used in Central and South America as a cure of many conditions. Although some have reported a photo-protective and anti-inflammatory effect definitive evidence is lacking. Mild side effects like gastric irritation and sedation are recognized but no toxicity has been reported. Sedative effect of anti-hypertension and cardiotonic drugs as well as other plants may be increased when taken with this substance. This precludes its use with the latter medication, or, at higher dose than recommended especially by nursing mothers.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.