I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Blue-Cohosh? Is Blue-Cohosh safe for nursing mother and child? Does Blue-Cohosh extracts into breast milk? Does Blue-Cohosh has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Blue-Cohosh influence milk supply or can Blue-Cohosh decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Blue-Cohosh is 7 out of 8 which is considered Dangerous as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 7 indicates that usage of Blue-Cohosh may cause toxic or severe side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Blue-Cohosh may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Blue-Cohosh .
- Usage of Blue-Cohosh is in contradiction to breastfeeding hence if it is must to use Blue-Cohosh and there is no better alternative available then breastfeeding shall be stopped permanently or temporarily.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Stimulant of uterus' muscle tone. Vascular constriction inductor. On date of latest update relevant data concerning breastfeeding were not found. May induce severe vasoconstriction of coronary arteries and lower extremity vessels that can lead to heart infarction and hypertensive crisis. Can induce abortion. Heart infarction and seizures have been reported in neonate infants from women who used it to stimulate uterine contractions in labor.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.