I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Colocynth Pulp? Is Colocynth Pulp safe for nursing mother and child? Does Colocynth Pulp extracts into breast milk? Does Colocynth Pulp has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Colocynth Pulp influence milk supply or can Colocynth Pulp decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Colocynth Pulp is 7 out of 8 which is considered Dangerous as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 7 indicates that usage of Colocynth Pulp may cause toxic or severe side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Colocynth Pulp may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Colocynth Pulp .
- Usage of Colocynth Pulp is in contradiction to breastfeeding hence if it is must to use Colocynth Pulp and there is no better alternative available then breastfeeding shall be stopped permanently or temporarily.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Cucurbitaceae plant originally from Turkey with laxative properties. Highly toxic can cause death. Not recommended by the Commission G of the German Ministry of Health. Commercialization of this product has been banned. When present in homeopathic compounds it appears to be harmless.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.