I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Steviol? Is Steviol safe for nursing mother and child? Does Steviol extracts into breast milk? Does Steviol has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Steviol influence milk supply or can Steviol decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Steviol is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Steviol is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Steviol does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Steviol safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Natural edulcorant. Widely used by people in Sud-America, China and Japan. It has not been clearly shown to be effective for Diabetes and Arterial Hypertension. Free of toxic effects after a dose of one or two daily cups. Maximal daily dose recommended: 4 mg / kg of body weight
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.