I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Bearberry? Is Bearberry safe for nursing mother and child? Does Bearberry extracts into breast milk? Does Bearberry has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Bearberry influence milk supply or can Bearberry decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Bearberry is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Bearberry may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Bearberry may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Bearberry .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Bearberry Vs not using Bearberry And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Bearberry Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Shrub leaves are used. It contains arbutoside or arbutin as an active substance, also, tannins, flavonoids, ursolic acid and hydroquinone. The Commission E of German Ministry of Health approves it as a diuretic and anti-inflammatory medicament for the urinary tract. As a diuretic drug it may decrease breast milk production. When took in high amount it can irritate the uterus and hydroquinone may be toxic for the liver.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.