I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Hyssop? Is Hyssop safe for nursing mother and child? Does Hyssop extracts into breast milk? Does Hyssop has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Hyssop influence milk supply or can Hyssop decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Hyssop is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Hyssop may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Hyssop may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Hyssop .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Hyssop Vs not using Hyssop And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Hyssop Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Floral summit of shrub is used. It contains essential oil (camphone and beta-pinene).Indication after Commission E of German Ministry of Health: none, since no beneficial effect has been shown. It may be a cause of dermatitis and bronchial spasm. Oil is toxic to CNS: cases of severe intoxication on children and adults have been reported. Consider not to use it at all.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.