I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Clubmoss? Is Clubmoss safe for nursing mother and child? Does Clubmoss extracts into breast milk? Does Clubmoss has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Clubmoss influence milk supply or can Clubmoss decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Clubmoss is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Clubmoss may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Clubmoss may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Clubmoss .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Clubmoss Vs not using Clubmoss And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Clubmoss Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Aerial summits and spores of this fern are used. Traditionally use as a diuretic and intestinal spasm relief drug. Also used for abrasions and skin irritation. It may be a cause of asthma and contact dermatitis.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.