I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use African Cherry? Is African Cherry safe for nursing mother and child? Does African Cherry extracts into breast milk? Does African Cherry has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can African Cherry influence milk supply or can African Cherry decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for African Cherry is 7 out of 8 which is considered Dangerous as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 7 indicates that usage of African Cherry may cause toxic or severe side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that African Cherry may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using African Cherry .
- Usage of African Cherry is in contradiction to breastfeeding hence if it is must to use African Cherry and there is no better alternative available then breastfeeding shall be stopped permanently or temporarily.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Bark is used. It contains alkanols, trypertens, phytosterols and flavonoids.Unproved efficacy on urinary disturbances related to prostatic adenoma. Itlowers Prolactin level and inhibits Prostaglandin synthesis. The CommissionE of German Ministry of Health does not recommend the use of African cherrytree at all.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.