I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Primrose? Is Primrose safe for nursing mother and child? Does Primrose extracts into breast milk? Does Primrose has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Primrose influence milk supply or can Primrose decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Primrose is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Primrose is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Primrose does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Primrose safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Roots and flowers are used. Indication after Commission E of German Ministry of Health: Catarrhs of the respiratory tract.This herb is not evening primrose, Oenothera biennis.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.