I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Butcher´s Broom? Is Butcher´s Broom safe for nursing mother and child? Does Butcher´s Broom extracts into breast milk? Does Butcher´s Broom has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Butcher´s Broom influence milk supply or can Butcher´s Broom decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Butcher´s Broom is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Butcher´s Broom is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Butcher´s Broom does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Butcher´s Broom safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Ligneous plant. Roots or rhizome are used. It contains a saponoside like Ruscogenin, Potassium salts and flavonoids like Rutoside and Hesperidoside. Indications after Commission E of German Ministry of Health are: venous insufficiency, hemorrhoids, varices. Maximal daily dose: equivalent of 7 – 11 mg of raw extract of total Ruscogenin. Potential harm effects are related to GI tract but they are not severe.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.