I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Willow? Is Willow safe for nursing mother and child? Does Willow extracts into breast milk? Does Willow has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Willow influence milk supply or can Willow decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Willow is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Willow is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Willow does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Willow safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Bark is used. It contains salicylic derivatives (2 – 11%) organic acids (salicylic) flavonoids and tannins. ESCOP and Commission E of German Ministry of Health do recommend it as anti-inflammatory and pain relief agent.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.