I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Meadow-Sweet? Is Meadow-Sweet safe for nursing mother and child? Does Meadow-Sweet extracts into breast milk? Does Meadow-Sweet has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Meadow-Sweet influence milk supply or can Meadow-Sweet decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Meadow-Sweet is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Meadow-Sweet may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Meadow-Sweet may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Meadow-Sweet low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Meadow-Sweet We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Flowers of this rosacea plant are used. It contains tannins, flavonoids and essential oil. The last two substances contain salicylic derivatives: aspirin:spiraea. Indications after Commission E of German Ministry of Health: Common cold, no more than 3 g of flowers a day.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.