I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Cat's Claw? Is Cat's Claw safe for nursing mother and child? Does Cat's Claw extracts into breast milk? Does Cat's Claw has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Cat's Claw influence milk supply or can Cat's Claw decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Cat's Claw is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Cat's Claw may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Cat's Claw may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Cat's Claw low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Cat's Claw We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Climbing plant which is native from Peru.It is mainly used the bark of branches, leaves and roots as well.It contains oxindole alkaloids, steroids, ursolic acid and polyphenols, among other components.Commonly used as anti-inflammatory on arthritis, rheumatism and gastric ulcer. These anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, antioxidant and anti-infective properties are being studied. The degree of evidence available is not as high because of poor quality of the studies performed. At latest update relevant published data on its excretion into breast milk were not found. This plant is lacking of toxicity. Given to this, occasional and moderate consumption during lactation would have little or no risk, when used at a correct dose.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.