I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Malabar Tamarind? Is Malabar Tamarind safe for nursing mother and child? Does Malabar Tamarind extracts into breast milk? Does Malabar Tamarind has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Malabar Tamarind influence milk supply or can Malabar Tamarind decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Malabar Tamarind is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Malabar Tamarind is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Malabar Tamarind does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Malabar Tamarind safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
The fruit of this tropical tree is used. It contains hydroxycitric lactones acid and anthocyanins.Unproven properties are: satiating, slimming. At latest update no published data on excretion into breast milk were found. Scientific evidence has clearly shown a lack of effectiveness as lipid-lowering or slimming agent and a potential toxicity whenever abused. A low-calorie diet along with moderate exercise is preferable. Many women who breastfeed their infants regain the weight they had prior to pregnancy sooner than those who do not.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.