I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Glutamate Monosodium? Is Glutamate Monosodium safe for nursing mother and child? Does Glutamate Monosodium extracts into breast milk? Does Glutamate Monosodium has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Glutamate Monosodium influence milk supply or can Glutamate Monosodium decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Glutamate Monosodium is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Glutamate Monosodium is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Glutamate Monosodium does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Glutamate Monosodium safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Flavor booster/enhancer of food, specially salted Chinese food. It has been related to urticaria and other allergies.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.