I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Laurel? Is Laurel safe for nursing mother and child? Does Laurel extracts into breast milk? Does Laurel has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Laurel influence milk supply or can Laurel decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Laurel is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Laurel is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Laurel does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Laurel safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Bush leaves are used.The essential oil contains eugenol and cineolProperties attributed are: digestive, expectorant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.On topical use, cases of allergic reactions have been reported. Risk of confusion with laurel-cherry which is very toxic. At latest update no published data were found on excretion into breast milk.Plant widely used as a culinary spice and herbal teas. Given their lack of toxicity at correct doses, a moderate consumption during lactation would have little or no risk.When topically used, do not apply on the chest to prevent infant ingestion; If necessary, apply after a meal and clean thoroughly with water before the next one.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.