I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Phenylbutyrate? Is Phenylbutyrate safe for nursing mother and child? Does Phenylbutyrate extracts into breast milk? Does Phenylbutyrate has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Phenylbutyrate influence milk supply or can Phenylbutyrate decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Phenylbutyrate is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Phenylbutyrate is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Phenylbutyrate does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Phenylbutyrate safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It has been used in the treatment of urea cycle disorders. It may be prescribed to the infant from first days of life.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.