I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Pancreatin? Is Pancreatin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Pancreatin extracts into breast milk? Does Pancreatin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Pancreatin influence milk supply or can Pancreatin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Pancreatin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Pancreatin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Pancreatin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Pancreatin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Proteolytic and lipolytic enzyme which is derived from mammalian pancreas that has protease, lipase and amylase activity. Indicated for treatment of cystic fibrosis and chronic pancreatitis. At latest update no published data on excretion into breast milk was found. Its high molecular weight and poor intestinal absorption make it highly unlikely a significant passage to the milk.A low oral bioavailability hinders the passage into infant plasma from ingested milk. It is a medication used in children and young infants.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.