I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Anhydrous Citric Acid? Is Anhydrous Citric Acid safe for nursing mother and child? Does Anhydrous Citric Acid extracts into breast milk? Does Anhydrous Citric Acid has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Anhydrous Citric Acid influence milk supply or can Anhydrous Citric Acid decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Anhydrous Citric Acid is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Anhydrous Citric Acid is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Anhydrous Citric Acid does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Anhydrous Citric Acid safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Product that is naturally found in most fruits, especially citrus ones, and which is industrially produced through fermentation of sugar by the fungus Aspergillus niger. It is used in medical compounds as effervescent, to treat intestinal affections, as antioxidant, as an agent for alkalizing urine and dissolution of urinary tract stones. In the food industry it is used as additive (E 330) due to its antioxidant, preservative and flavoring properties. Devoid of toxicity when used at appropriate doses.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.