I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Mivacurium? Is Mivacurium safe for nursing mother and child? Does Mivacurium extracts into breast milk? Does Mivacurium has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Mivacurium influence milk supply or can Mivacurium decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Mivacurium is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Mivacurium is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Mivacurium does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Mivacurium safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It is a non-depolarizing muscle relaxant drug with a peripheral action that is used as premedication for endotracheal intubation, general anesthesia and mechanical ventilation. At latest update, no relevant published data concerning excretion into breast milk were found. A high molecular weight may decrease excretion into breast milk as well as a rapid elimination time. In addition, a low oral bioavailability makes unlikely a pass from ingested mother's milk onto the infant's plasma. Mivacurio should not prevent a mother from breast feeding her baby shortly after recovering from an anesthesia if she is in good condition.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.