I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Mephenesine? Is Mephenesine safe for nursing mother and child? Does Mephenesine extracts into breast milk? Does Mephenesine has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Mephenesine influence milk supply or can Mephenesine decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Mephenesine is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Mephenesine may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Mephenesine may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Mephenesine .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Mephenesine Vs not using Mephenesine And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Mephenesine Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It is not advisable its systemic use because of risk of sedation, vomiting and respiratory arrest. Can be used topically but avoid applying it on the breast.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.