I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Thiocolchicoside? Is Thiocolchicoside safe for nursing mother and child? Does Thiocolchicoside extracts into breast milk? Does Thiocolchicoside has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Thiocolchicoside influence milk supply or can Thiocolchicoside decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Thiocolchicoside is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Thiocolchicoside may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Thiocolchicoside may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Thiocolchicoside .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Thiocolchicoside Vs not using Thiocolchicoside And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Thiocolchicoside Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Muscle-relaxant drug which is marketed in some countries and usually associated to acetaminophen. At latest update no published data were found on excretion into breast milk. Pharmacokinetic data favor excretion into breast milk. Convulsions have been reported in susceptible persons. There is a warning on likely mutagenic effects with a prolonged use.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.