I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Chlorzoxazone? Is Chlorzoxazone safe for nursing mother and child? Does Chlorzoxazone extracts into breast milk? Does Chlorzoxazone has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Chlorzoxazone influence milk supply or can Chlorzoxazone decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Chlorzoxazone is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Chlorzoxazone may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Chlorzoxazone may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Chlorzoxazone .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Chlorzoxazone Vs not using Chlorzoxazone And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Chlorzoxazone Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Centrally-acting muscle relaxant with sedative properties. Administered orally.It has pharmacokinetics with rapid absorption and elimination (PDR 2017, Prompila 2007, Desiraju 1983). Since the last update we have not found published data about its excretion in breast milk. Its pharmacokinetic data (low molecular weight, low protein binding, small volume of distribution) make its likely that it could pass into breast milk in quantities that could be significant. If you have to use it during breastfeeding, you should monitor sedative effects in the baby. To minimize exposure, medication can be taken just after a feed and waiting 3-4 hours before breastfeeding again.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.