I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Nabumetone? Is Nabumetone safe for nursing mother and child? Does Nabumetone extracts into breast milk? Does Nabumetone has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Nabumetone influence milk supply or can Nabumetone decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Nabumetone is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Nabumetone may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Nabumetone may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Nabumetone low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Nabumetone We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Latest update failed to find relevant data on breastfeeding. Both a high molecular weight and high plasma protein-binding makes excretion into breast milk unlikely. The infant is further protected because of a low oral bioavailability. Until more information on this drug concerning breastfeeding is available, a safer alternative should be preferred.
Because no information is available on the use of nabumetone during breastfeeding, other agents may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.