I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Nafcillin? Is Nafcillin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Nafcillin extracts into breast milk? Does Nafcillin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Nafcillin influence milk supply or can Nafcillin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Nafcillin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Nafcillin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Nafcillin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Nafcillin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Not commercially available in SpainBe aware of the possibility of false negative results of bacterial cultures when the mother is on antibiotics.
Although no information is available on the use of nafcillin during breastfeeding, penicillins are generally not expected to cause adverse effects in breastfed infants. Occasionally disruption of the infant's gastrointestinal flora, resulting in diarrhea or thrush have been reported with penicillins, but these effects have not been adequately evaluated. Nafcillin is acceptable in nursing mothers.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.