I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Electrical Muscle Stimulation? Is Electrical Muscle Stimulation safe for nursing mother and child? Does Electrical Muscle Stimulation extracts into breast milk? Does Electrical Muscle Stimulation has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Electrical Muscle Stimulation influence milk supply or can Electrical Muscle Stimulation decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Electrical Muscle Stimulation is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Electrical Muscle Stimulation is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Electrical Muscle Stimulation does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Electrical Muscle Stimulation safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It is not recommended in those cases of heart arrhythmia, while using a pacemaker, epilepsy, pregnancy and childhood (particularly on areas of growth cartilage plates). Despite the fact that electric energy of low voltage and amperage is commonly generated, it would be wise to be cautious by avoiding its use while nursing in order to keep the child from an adverse effect.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.