I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Piercing? Is Piercing safe for nursing mother and child? Does Piercing extracts into breast milk? Does Piercing has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Piercing influence milk supply or can Piercing decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Piercing is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Piercing is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Piercing does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Piercing safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
There is not any incompatibility with breastfeeding. If placed near the nipple it is necessary to remove it for suckling. Severe infections (mastitis, abscesses and endocarditis) and hormonal disturbances (hyper-prolactinemia) have been described. Lack of sanitary control at the moment of placing it may poses a higher risk for hepatitis or HIV infections.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.