I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Aminocaproic Acid? Is Aminocaproic Acid safe for nursing mother and child? Does Aminocaproic Acid extracts into breast milk? Does Aminocaproic Acid has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Aminocaproic Acid influence milk supply or can Aminocaproic Acid decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Aminocaproic Acid is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Aminocaproic Acid may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Aminocaproic Acid may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Aminocaproic Acid .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Aminocaproic Acid Vs not using Aminocaproic Acid And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Aminocaproic Acid Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Anti-fibrinolytic drug used for prevention and treatment of bleeding. On latest update no published data about breastfeeding were found Unless patients on treatment for bleeding, since usual treatment regimens use a 8-hour-period it would be advisable to stop breastfeeding for 10-12 hours based on drug’s half-live.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.