I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Amoxicillin-Clavulanate? Is Amoxicillin-Clavulanate safe for nursing mother and child? Does Amoxicillin-Clavulanate extracts into breast milk? Does Amoxicillin-Clavulanate has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Amoxicillin-Clavulanate influence milk supply or can Amoxicillin-Clavulanate decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Amoxicillin-Clavulanate is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Amoxicillin-Clavulanate is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Amoxicillin-Clavulanate does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Amoxicillin-Clavulanate safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Excretion into breast milk is insignificant. No adverse effects reported in breasted infants. It is commonly prescribed for infants by Pediatricians. Be aware of false negative bacterial cultures in the infant when the mother is on antibiotics.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.