I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Noromectin? Is Noromectin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Noromectin extracts into breast milk? Does Noromectin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Noromectin influence milk supply or can Noromectin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Noromectin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Noromectin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Noromectin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Noromectin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Used as treatment of onchocercosis and filariasis. American Academy of Pediatrics: Maternal Medication Usually Compatible With Breastfeeding.
Limited data indicate that Noromectin is poorly excreted into breastmilk after oral administration. Amounts ingested by the infant are small and would not be expected to cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants. No data are available on excretion after topical administration, but amounts in breastmilk should be less than after oral administration. Avoid application to the breast area where the infant might directly ingest the drug.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.