I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Calcium Dobesilate? Is Calcium Dobesilate safe for nursing mother and child? Does Calcium Dobesilate extracts into breast milk? Does Calcium Dobesilate has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Calcium Dobesilate influence milk supply or can Calcium Dobesilate decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Calcium Dobesilate is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Calcium Dobesilate may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Calcium Dobesilate may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Calcium Dobesilate low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Calcium Dobesilate We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Agranulocytosis has been described on patients who have taken this drug. It is secreted in tiny amount into breast milk. When orally used take a minimal dose as possible. No problem when topically used as anti-hemorrhoid treatment.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.