I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Aesculin? Is Aesculin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Aesculin extracts into breast milk? Does Aesculin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Aesculin influence milk supply or can Aesculin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Aesculin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Aesculin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Aesculin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Aesculin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Hydroxycoumarin related product present in the bark of Horse Chestnut (see specific info) used as antivaricose, vasoprotector and antihemorrhagic. At latest update no published data on excretion into breast milk was found. Do not apply it on the chest or thoroughly clean it up before breastfeeding. Given its lack of toxicity at normal doses, a moderate consumption during lactation would pose a very low risk.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.