I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Polidocanol? Is Polidocanol safe for nursing mother and child? Does Polidocanol extracts into breast milk? Does Polidocanol has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Polidocanol influence milk supply or can Polidocanol decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Polidocanol is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Polidocanol is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Polidocanol does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Polidocanol safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Tensioactive substance with sclerosing properties. Like others sclerosing products used to treat varices it does not trespass into the blood stream in significative amounts nor the breast milk when applied properly.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.