I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate? Is Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate safe for nursing mother and child? Does Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate extracts into breast milk? Does Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate influence milk supply or can Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Anionic tensioactive substance with esclerosing properties. Like others sclerosing products used to treat varices it does not trespass into the blood stream in significative amounts nor the breast milk when applied properly.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.