I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Cholecalciferol? Is Cholecalciferol safe for nursing mother and child? Does Cholecalciferol extracts into breast milk? Does Cholecalciferol has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Cholecalciferol influence milk supply or can Cholecalciferol decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Cholecalciferol is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Cholecalciferol is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Cholecalciferol does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Cholecalciferol safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Daily allowance of Vitamin D for the breastfeeding woman is still an issue and a matter of disagreement among experts. Vitamin D is hardly found in common food and mostly synthesized by skin under sunlight stimulus. Low concentration in breast milk is thought to be due to deficient levels in the serum of mothers. As high as 6.400 IU daily doses of Vitamin D given to the mother have been required to normalize the infant serum content of 25-OH Vitamin D. Moderate exposure of mothers to sunlight, avoiding any burning, is probably the most cost-effective measure to fight Vitamin D deficiency in the infant. 1 mg = 40.000 IU.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.