I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Ivabradine? Is Ivabradine safe for nursing mother and child? Does Ivabradine extracts into breast milk? Does Ivabradine has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Ivabradine influence milk supply or can Ivabradine decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Ivabradine is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Ivabradine may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Ivabradine may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Ivabradine .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Ivabradine Vs not using Ivabradine And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Ivabradine Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It selectively reduces the heart rate and it is used in the symptomatic relief of chronic stable angina with normal sinus rate in patients with beta-blocker intolerance. No side effects on breastfeeding are known. Possible risk of bradycardia and arrhythmia
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.