I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Trimetazidine? Is Trimetazidine safe for nursing mother and child? Does Trimetazidine extracts into breast milk? Does Trimetazidine has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Trimetazidine influence milk supply or can Trimetazidine decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Trimetazidine is 5 out of 8 which is considered Unsafe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 5 indicates that usage of Trimetazidine may cause serious side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Trimetazidine may cause moderate to high side effects or may affect milk supply in lactating mother.
- Our suggestion is to use safer alternate options rather than using Trimetazidine .
- It is recommended to evaluate the advantage of not breastfeeding while using Trimetazidine Vs not using Trimetazidine And continue breastfeeding.
- While using Trimetazidine Its must to monitor child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Vasodilator drug used in the treatment of Meniere’s Syndrome. Although GI side effects are likely, because experience on breastfeeding is lacking, it would be safer to use the recommended alternative drug.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.