I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Ticarcillin? Is Ticarcillin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Ticarcillin extracts into breast milk? Does Ticarcillin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Ticarcillin influence milk supply or can Ticarcillin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Ticarcillin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Ticarcillin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Ticarcillin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Ticarcillin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Be aware of the possibility of false negative results of bacterial cultures when the mother is on antibiotics.
Limited information indicates that ticarcillin produces low levels in milk that are not expected to cause adverse effects in breastfed infants. Occasionally disruption of the infant's gastrointestinal flora, resulting in diarrhea or thrush have been reported with penicillins, but these effects have not been adequately evaluated. Ticarcillin is acceptable in nursing mothers.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.