I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Passion Vine? Is Passion Vine safe for nursing mother and child? Does Passion Vine extracts into breast milk? Does Passion Vine has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Passion Vine influence milk supply or can Passion Vine decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Passion Vine is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Passion Vine may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Passion Vine may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Passion Vine low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Passion Vine We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
At latest update, relevant information on excretion into breast milk was not found. Aerial summits of this climbing plant are used. Constituents are: flavonoids, pyranics, heterosides, alkaloids. Attributed effects with only weak scientific evidence on effectiveness are: sedative, hypnotic, anti-spasmodic. Because of paucity of data on toxicity, recommendations done are to use it at low doses for short term periods. The European Medicines Agency does not authorize its use for children younger than 12 years old , pregnancy and breastfeeding. When used while breastfeeding, it is recommended to use it at low dose for a short-term period. Following-up the infant for sedation is recommended.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.