I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Vitamin K1? Is Vitamin K1 safe for nursing mother and child? Does Vitamin K1 extracts into breast milk? Does Vitamin K1 has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Vitamin K1 influence milk supply or can Vitamin K1 decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Vitamin K1 is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Vitamin K1 is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Vitamin K1 does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Vitamin K1 safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
American Academy of Pediatrics: Maternal Medication Usually Compatible With Breastfeeding.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.