I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Avetil? Is Avetil safe for nursing mother and child? Does Avetil extracts into breast milk? Does Avetil has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Avetil influence milk supply or can Avetil decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Avetil is 3 out of 8 which is considered Low Risk as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 3 indicates that usage of Avetil may cause some minor side effects in breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research indicates that Avetil may cause moderate to no side effects in lactating mother.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Avetil low risk in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- While using Avetil We suggest monitoring child for possible reactions. It is also important to understand that side effects vary largely based on age of breastfed child and time of medication in addition to dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
At latest update no relevant data on this subject were found in connection with breastfeeding. Despite excretion into breast milk is likely, the elimination rate is quite rapid. Whenever possible use a minimal dose and let it to pass two hours until the next feed. Avoid in infants younger than one month of age. Watch for occurrence of symptoms like sedation and feeding refusal in the infant. Avetil has been used for the treatment of Neonatal Tetanus. Avetil has the capacity of dyeing body fluids with green and black colors.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.