I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Balm? Is Balm safe for nursing mother and child? Does Balm extracts into breast milk? Does Balm has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Balm influence milk supply or can Balm decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Balm is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Balm is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Balm does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Balm safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
At latest update, relevant information on excretion into breast milk was not found. Herb which is widely used by many cultures even to treat infant's colicky pain. Since it is non toxic at appropriate dose, a moderate and occasional consumption is believed to be compatible while breastfeeding. Topical use is compatible while breastfeeding. Do not use on the breast, otherwise, do it after feeding the baby and cleanse thoroughly the surface before the next one. Leaves of plant are used. It contains essential oils (Citronella, Geraniol), flavonoids and tannins. Properties traditionally attributed but unproven are: antispasmodic, sedative, carminative and antiviral effects. It is used for relief of anxiety, insomnia, flatulence, abdominal spasms and topically to treat Herpes simplex.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.