I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Escin? Is Escin safe for nursing mother and child? Does Escin extracts into breast milk? Does Escin has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Escin influence milk supply or can Escin decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Escin is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Escin is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Escin does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Escin safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Saponin which is contained in Horse Chestnut seeds (see specific info) and usual topically used as antivaricose and venoprotector. At latest update no published data on excretion into breast milk was found. A high molecular weight makes it unlikely its pass to breast milk in significant amounts.Do not apply on the chest or thoroughly clean it up before breastfeeding.The Commission E of German Ministry of Health has approved its use during lactation. Given its lack of toxicity at normal doses, a moderate consumption during lactation would pose a very low risk.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.